2 Thessalonians 1
1. This letter comes from Paul, Silvanus, and Timothy to the church of the Thessalonians who belong to God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
2. May you have grace and peace from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
3. We keep on thanking God for you, brothers and sisters—we just have to! This is the right thing to do because your trust in God is growing in leaps and bounds, and the love you all have for each other increases more and more.
4. We speak so proudly of you among the churches of God because of your patient courage and trust in God during all the persecution and trouble you're going through.
5. For this is evidence that God is right in the decisions he makes, and that you deserve the kingdom of God for which you are suffering.
6. Since God does what's right he will deal appropriately with those who cause you trouble.
7. He will free you from your suffering—and us too—when the Lord Jesus appears from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels,
8. bringing judgment on those who reject God and refuse to accept the good news of our Lord Jesus.
9. They will rightly experience the consequence of eternal loss, separated from the presence of the Lord and his glorious power,
10. on the day when he comes to receive glory from his people, admired by all those who trust in him. This includes you because you were convinced about what we told you.
11. That's why we continue to pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of what he's called us to do. May God powerfully fulfill every desire you have to do good and every action that comes from trusting him
12. so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be honored by what you do—and in turn you are honored by him through the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.