Song of Solomon 1
1. Solomon's song of songs.
2. Kiss me, kiss me with your mouth again and again, for your love is sweeter than wine.
3. I love the way you smell from the perfumed oils you use. You have quite a reputation—it spreads like spilled perfumed oil. It's not surprising that all the young women adore you!
4. Take me by the hand—let's run! (The king has brought me to his bedroom.) Let's be happy together and find pleasure in your love. Your love is far better than wine! Women are right to adore you so!
5. I'm black, but I'm beautiful, women of Jerusalem, like the tents of Kedar, like the curtains of Solomon.
6. Don't look down on me because I'm black, because the sun has burned me. My brothers were angry with me and made me look after the vineyards, so I couldn't look after my own vineyard.
7. My love, please tell me where you're taking your flock. Where will you rest them at noon? For why should I have to wear a veil while looking for you among the flocks of your companions?
8. If you really don't know, you who are more beautiful than any other woman, then follow the tracks of my flock, and let your goats graze near the shepherd's tents.
9. My darling, to me you're like a mare among Pharaoh's horses that pull his chariots,
10. Your beautiful cheeks adorned with ornaments, your neck with strings of jewels.
11. Let's make you some gold ornaments inlaid with silver.
12. As the king lay on his couch, my nard perfume gave off its fragrance.
13. My love is like a pouch of myrrh, lying all night between my breasts.
14. My love is like a bunch of fragrant henna flowers in the vineyards of Engedi.
15. Look at how very beautiful you are, my darling, how beautiful! Your eyes are as gentle as doves.
16. And you, my love, are so handsome—how charming you are! The green grass is our bed,
17. with cedar trees as beams for our “house,” and pine trees for the rafters.